I don't like delegating shit because most motherfuckers fuck it up. Then I have to go back and fix it. You know, do it the right way.
But one thing I have learned over the years is that you can't do it all yourself and there are in fact a few people out there that can execute on your vision and do it right.
Because of that, here are some of the tasks that I delegate in my life to make it easier.
- Lawncare - Overall it costs about $720 a year to have my lawn maintained. I don't have to fuck with it when I'm gone and it always gets done right. My lawn guy doesn't run over my hoses or accidentally bump into shit and fuck it up, he's just good at what he does. I have used him for my own house and other houses that I've owned and never had to worry about it. Yes, I have a mower, but me just taking it to get it fixed so I can mow my yard and then going to purchase a weedeater almost makes it a moot point. I'm better off just spending the money to have it done.
- Menial Administrative tasks on the computer - Sorting through data, spreadsheets, updating websites, social media, tour dates, whatever the fuck. All of this shit can be done in a mindless fashion by some motherfucker in Pakistan. You can find these motherfuckers on contractor websites like Upwork.com. Just type in what you're looking for and then see all the bids that come back. This is also known as finding a "Virtual Assistant". I could write a whole post on this, and maybe I should, but for now, just know that you can delegate simple shit and even create videos or tutorials to show them how to do it.
- Major home repairs - I looked at the bubbling siding on my house and thought, how hard could that be? Then experience kicked me in the ass and reminded me of when I tried to paint the interior of my guesthouse and failed. So much so that I just began drawing artwork all over the walls before the painter came in to fix my shitty ass attempt to be my own contractor. Some people like fixing all the shit on their house or look at their own home renovations as a hobby. Not me. I look at tearing out bushes or moving dirt around my lot as exercise, but I don't classify it as anything other than that. This is why I decided to hire a contractor to do the siding and the guesthouse. As a matter of fact, the same guy that did the guesthouse is doing the siding because he did a great job. I'm glad I found him because believe me, the peace of mind is worth it.
- Purchasing targeted advertising online - In a business, the only thing that matters is if you're turning a profit. It doesn't matter how you arrive at that point to generate sales, just so long as they are made. But people do a lot of bullshit to promote their product, brand and generate sales that they don't need to do. I can't tell you how many conferences I wasted time attending and only generated enough sales from them to cover my costs and make marginal progress. This is especially true in the entertainment industry. These motherfuckers make you kiss their ass for years and years before they ever throw you a bone. Fuck that. I figured out ways to purchase facebook advertising and promote myself that way. Tons of people are doing this, especially the Fake Gurus. And while I don't peddle snake oil or fake ideals like the Fake Gurus, the model makes way more sense that manually laboring just to get a pellet out of the feeder. While it does require some work to find the right audience, once you do, it can be rewarding. It's almost brilliant because you literally just turn it on and it wait for the leads to come in. From there you sort through the bullshit and only take the calls that result in generating income. It's a great way to automate your marketing.
- Create the email newsletter - This plays into the above listed point, but I will mention it again. People, especially prospects, do in fact need continual reminders. As the adage goes, it takes people seeing your brand 12 times before they buy from you or take an action. This is true. That being said, when you have your leads, send them a weekly or monthly newsletter to keep them engaged. Obviously the more relevant you can make your content the better but you don't necessarily have to do that. A real fan of you will not mind being bothered by your email. A fake fan or tirekicker is going to keep kicking tires and waste your time, so if you badger them and they unsubscribe, fuck them. Just fill your funnel with more prospects and write them off. It's better to have a few clients, or smaller group of fans that will goto war for you than a bunch of motherfuckers you have to put earmuffs on when the temperature drops. THey are a waste of time. So, in closing, just create a general bucket and don't really worry about what the fuck you say in your newsletter. Just say hi. Just stay in front of them consistently.
- Autopay and paperless billing - This is a stupid and trivial thing to even say, but you should do it. Automate as many bills as you possibly can so you don't have to fuck with getting them in the mail and figuring out what you're supposed to do. I hate getting bills or invoices in the mail, especially when I have something on autopay. It stresses me out because then I have to fuck with trying to figure out if I owe someone money or not. Autopay keeps that shit out of sight and out of mind. You should always stay on top of your business and understand where your money is going, but once you know through your accounting practices, autopay and paperless billing removes a level of administration that uses up your time.
- Stock transactions and trades - I do a little stock trading, but only as a means to put my savings somewhere it can grow and I don't have access to the money. If you look at it all the time though, it can be frustrating, especially if you look at the occilations to much and get stressed out when stock goes down. Because of this, I just set alerts to let me know when a stock or digital currency hits a certain price so I can buy or sell. This removes all of the time in between that could potentially give me a sense of loss or fear of missing out because a stock dropped and I didn't buy it on the upswing. Just remove all that shit and wait for the system to tell you when to move. You do that by setting up automated alerts.
- Your shopping - Online shopping really has been a godsend for me because I don't have time to fuck with it. As a matter of fact, the only reason I goto the grocery store is because I need to get out of the house from time to time. Besides that, shopping for stuff for anything is a huge waste of time. All of this shit can be done on the internet and delivered directly to your house. You can also price match and send shit back if you don't like it for little or no cost. I mean, how cool is that? I get my books this way and just about everything besides food. It has been a huge stress reliever in my life. I can even order condoms directly off Amazon so I don't have to feel all awkward buying them at the grocery store.
- Your content - One of the main reasons I wanted to be a musician was to create a system that brought pussy to me. I don't like going out looking for it because it's a waste of time. That being said, I see my brand as a means to an end, not just as it relates to women, but people in general. I don't want people in my life that don't want to be here or that didn't find me on their own. Selling someone on yourself up at the bar forces you to adapt to what they are looking for as opposed to what you need. I am tired of doing that shit. I mean I can certainly do it and I'm really good at it, but I don't want to do it. I would rather a gal say "I love your song, we think the same way" then some bitch saying "Oh it's pretty good but I actually know better rappers."